Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Beetles in home

Old Friday 25th October 2019, 19:18   #1
Georgy007

Beetles in home

Hi i'm new to the forum. I'm having a problem with beetle type insects in my home. One type I see flying around brownish body and the other I've seen crawling on worktops in my kitchen black bodied. Mainly if there's crumbs on the worktop but I'm regularly cleaning, keeping all food sources bagged up and in cupboards. I have a young baby and noticing them on his formula tub so guessing one is a type of grain weevil. Is there anyway to get rid of these it's only recently started noticing them. I've attached picture best I could get. Hope you can help many thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191025_191326.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	708425  
Old Friday 25th October 2019, 20:39   #2
Ficedula
velico ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgy007 View Post
Hi i'm new to the forum. I'm having a problem with beetle type insects in my home. One type I see flying around brownish body and the other I've seen crawling on worktops in my kitchen black bodied. Mainly if there's crumbs on the worktop but I'm regularly cleaning, keeping all food sources bagged up and in cupboards. I have a young baby and noticing them on his formula tub so guessing one is a type of grain weevil. Is there anyway to get rid of these it's only recently started noticing them. I've attached picture best I could get. Hope you can help many thanks
Your photo shows a parasitoid wasp. Completely harmless except for its host.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: