• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Has Cloudbirders.com site stopped? (1 Viewer)

wolfbirder

I have been trying for a few weeks to get on, but it just seems locked & I just get a blank page?

Same for everyone else? It might not be, but I am baffled why its been like this for a few weeks now.

I hope its not going the same way as the Birdtours website that once held so much invaluable information.

Hi wolfbirder,

I have no problems with the site, and it is still very much up and running.....must be a problem closer to home?

Jens

Thanks both, something at my end.
Thanks for confirming this Jens and Jos.

I get a blank page too, but I think it has something to do with an Adobe update I did not do. So I'll have my son look into it this weekend, as any PDF remains white.

Just to add, no difference what devise I use, mobile phone or either of my laptops, Cloudbirder is fully working for me, whether through Google, bookmark or kb57's link. Strange it is working for some of us and not others, also one of my laptops does not have any recent updates while the other is brand new.

Still comes up as a locked blank page on my laptop but works fine on my mobile.

I have no clue why and have no idea how to fix it. Prefer to read big reports on my lap top.

It is strange that one or two others have the same issue, albeit a minority.

Is it a browser or operating system issue perhaps?

FYI I'm using Firefox current version (70.0) on my laptop running Windows 7 Professional (I know....).

I'm thinking perhaps an over-zealous default security setting on the browser or virus checker, even parental controls??

Maybe if foresttwitcher and wolfbirder check your settings (assuming Swissboy's is a different issue) you might find a common denominator which may be the culprit?

This is what it says next to the grey lock sign I get when I try to go to Cloudbirders..................

"How to know whether to trust a website in Microsoft Edge

If you see a lock button next to a website's address in Microsoft Edge,*it means:-

What you send and receive from the website is encrypted, which makes it difficult for anyone else to get to this info.

The website is verified, which means the company running the site has a certificate proving they own it. Click the lock button to see who owns the site and who verified it. 

While a gray lock means that the website is encrypted and verified, a green lock means that Microsoft Edge considers the website more likely to be authentic. That's*because it's using an Extended Validation (EV) certificate, which requires a more rigorous identity verification process".

It also says: - "DST Root CA X3 has identified this as www.cloudbirders.com."

So really unsure what the problem is. Shame, I loved reading trip reports on here and on cloudbirders.

Press CTRL - F5, If that does not help Click the three dots at top right corner, click settings, choose Privacy & Security at the left pane, click Choose what to clear, choose at least Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files and press Clear. Then again CTRL - F5. If it is still not working, try with another browser. Cloudbirders page works normally with Edge, so the browser choice is not the primary problem.

Thanks Jalid ( and thx KB57 too), I tried that, still blocked.

Microsoft Edge is bloody useless, it blocks lots of genuine sites like banks and even amazon for some people.

Infact both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer prohibit access to Cloudbirders, but I can access it via Firefox. I hate the font on Firefox though.

Last edited:
fyi, mine has stopped working too. I use a fairly old macbook with (if I remember well) something like El Capitan (not the latest software as it won't update anymore, macbook really too old).

I'll check with Hans and Wim.

I checked my access to Cloudbirders via IE, Chrome, Firefox and Edge on both my Laptop and Desktop and can reach the site without issue.

I have also accessed Cloudbirders via my iphone using Chrome and Safari.

I can only guess that the issue lies in a security setting within each persons Edge, there is probably a way of 'allowing' the website in there somewhere. I don't use Edge myself on a day to day basis as I really don't like it.

Thanks folks, it’s clearly all to do with individual settings, as I say I can’t get On using IE or Microsoft Edge, but I can using Firefox- all on the same laptop.

I can also get on using my mobile.

What baffles me, by deduction it’s not settings within my laptop as I can get on via Firefox??

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back