• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mallorca 2019 (2 Viewers)

Hello!
just in case Maties is too busy to post it, a Roller was seen yesterday in Son Bosc area.

Regards,
Cristina.

La Gola: 1 Kingfisher, 3 Willow Warblers, 1F Redstart.
Boquer Roundabout avenue: 2 Willow Warbler, 1F/1stW Pied Fly, Firecrest and Ltph Booted Eagle over.
1 Bonellis Warbler in Trees, just past the I'Llador Hotel (12.10).
Flava wags continuing to trickle through.

Walk to Llenaire: 15.15-17.15
1 Thekla Lark, 1 Redstart, 1F type Pied Fly, 1 Willow warb, 3 Stone Curlew, 3 Booted Eagle, 1Chaffinch, 1 Green Sand on the stream and 3 distant Black Vulture.

Just two Honey Buzzard through the Cap this morning seen by Lalo, both early in the day.
Also a couple of Marsh Harrier on migration and several groups of Bee-eaters, affectionately known here as
“Bru-Bru”
Mike

Yes, the locals were talking about the record tonight at the party to launch the annual bird report and present the prize to Pep for winning the BigYear competition.
Pep is again a very worthy winner, it’s a hard slog throughout the year and it requires a lot of stamina and dedication to win, so many congratulations to Pep.
Ortolan is very scarce indeed and we were saying how difficult they are to see here in Mallorca. I have seen one in the last fifteen years.
Mike

I took a walk at Mortitx today. Redstart, Cirl Bunting, Hoopoe, 10 x Black Vulture together. Before the up hill begins, I saw these birds - could anyone confirm if they are Bonelli’s Eagles please?

Attachments

• 67C32AC2-00F3-4CEF-944B-A083FC9A7129.jpeg
    67C32AC2-00F3-4CEF-944B-A083FC9A7129.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 0399FA7E-36CE-4AB0-8F64-606D7B7E1C2C.jpeg
    0399FA7E-36CE-4AB0-8F64-606D7B7E1C2C.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 120
Boquer Valley:
3 Willow Warbler, Imm Common Whitethroat and aF Pied Fly were along the roundabout avenue and was also quite surprised to see a Robin there about half way along (don't think I've looked at a Robin for as long.)
In The valley itself were a cracking Male Black Redstart being harrased by Stonechats, 4 Redstarts, 1 Garden Warbler, 3+ Blackcap, M Pied Fly, 1+ Firecrest and a F Cirl Bunting around the casa di Boquer.
Further up 3 Booted Eagle, 10+ Crag Martin and 3M 1F Blue Rock Thrush.

I agree with an adult on the left photo and an immature bird on the right.
The small head is quite a feature and shows particularly well on the adult bird.
They do breed at Mortitx and as you rightly say, it’s a spectacular place for a walk with nearly always good birds to entertain.
The first year bird is on the wing at Cap de Ses Salines and is a very distinctive bird to see. The adult birds show too from time to time.
A poor Sunday at the Cap for migration with just one Marsh Harrier and three Alpine Swift through.
I’m going there right now and hoping for a bit more luck than that!
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back