• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Around Panama City? (1 Viewer)

remaguire

Hi, all!

I am going to be in Panama City from 2 to 7 August and might have some time to do a bit of birding.

Can anyone recommend a good site around Panama City? I'm particularly interested in seeing some Roseate Spoonbills if they are around, but frankly anything is good.

Looking forward to the trip. I have to say the best birding I've ever done was in Florida. I was on the Space Coast a few years back for a birding festival and it was SPECTACULAR. Found out about my favorite birding spot in the world: the Viera Wetlands. I could spend DAYS there seeing all the birds. An embarrassment of riches. I'm just sorry I can't go there this trip.

Anyway, thanks for any info on Panhandle birding.

Think this is an area hit by a hurricane last year, so there is probably still a lot of rebuilding in progress.
Ebird is your best resource, my only visit was decades ago and all I remember was the impressive size of the local roaches.

Think this is an area hit by a hurricane last year, so there is probably still a lot of rebuilding in progress.
Ebird is your best resource, my only visit was decades ago and all I remember was the impressive size of the local roaches.
Thanks very much. Yeah, I know about the damage to the area. My ex bought a house in Panama City Beach that closed a week before the storm hit! Yikes!

She is the luckiest person in the world! Lost one shingle on the house. Compare that to Mexico Beach just to the east that looks like a nuclear bomb hit it.

Anyway, I will take your advice and check out Ebird. Should have done that in the first place.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back