• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Japan: Amami and Okinawa (1 Viewer)

Mike Hunter

If ayone is around from 13th to 18th April 2020 I'm planning on visiting Amami and Okinawa. Some great birds on these two islands.

Amami - Amami Woodcock, Robin, Thrush, and (White-backed) Woodpecker, Lidth's Jay

Okinawa - Okinawa Rail, Robin and Woodpecker, Japanese Scops-owl

Plus Japanese Wood-pigeon, Nothern Boobook, Green-crowned (Ryukyu)Flycatcher, Ryukyu Scops-owl, what's not to like in five days or so.

I'm an experienced world birder and will be well-genned and prepared.

Happy to provide more details.

Mike
mikee_deedee AT yahoo.co.uk

If ayone is around from 13th to 18th April 2020 I'm planning on visiting Amami and Okinawa. Some great birds on these two islands.

Amami - Amami Woodcock, Robin, Thrush, and (White-backed) Woodpecker, Lidth's Jay

Okinawa - Okinawa Rail, Robin and Woodpecker, Japanese Scops-owl

Plus Japanese Wood-pigeon, Nothern Boobook, Green-crowned (Ryukyu)Flycatcher, Ryukyu Scops-owl, what's not to like in five days or so.

I'm an experienced world birder and will be well-genned and prepared.

Happy to provide more details.

Mike
mikee_deedee AT yahoo.co.uk

Sounds good and I could definitely be interested in joining you. I'd consider combining it with a trip to Taiwan. But I wouldn't be able to commit until quite a lot closer to the time.

Sounds good and I could definitely be interested in joining you. I'd consider combining it with a trip to Taiwan. But I wouldn't be able to commit until quite a lot closer to the time.

Hi Arbu

I'm just working on other trips but I'll get stuck into the logistics on this Japan leg over the next few weeks and share these with you.

In the meantime, I've been to Taiwan recently so can help on gen if required.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back