• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stranded while birding (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

Hello everyone!

So, I am stranded. My car broke down while I was looking at birds at the lake. I'm going to be stuck here for a couple hours while I'm waiting for my sister to come and help me.

Well, I have my camera with me, so I might as well make the best of it!

Jared

LOL Jared!!!

I'm sure you'll see some super birds and will then start hoping your sister doesn't come too soon!;)

I already have! I saw a hummingbird, and another that needs to be identified. Regardless, it's 101 degrees today. I hope she gets here soon so I can cool down!

OMG!!! That is hot - you have my sympathy Jared.

I'm jealous of your hummer though!!

I actually got a picture of that hummingbird. I was able to catch it while it was roosting. I tell you, those things are HARD to photograph! They're so small and so fast! I was only able to get away with one picture.

As soon as I get home, I'll post a picture of it on this thread as well as my other pictures.

I don't know what the problem with my car is, but at least I'm having fun!

Jared

I'll look forward to seeing what you've taken to keep the heat and boredom at bay!;)

I don't know what the problem with my car is,

It'll be the heat Jared. Once the sun is over the yard arm, it'll start to cool down LOL

but at least I'm having fun!

Of course. You might as well make the most of it lad.

Finally Home. Here are the pictures. The first is the roosting hummingbird, the second is what looks like a Juvenile American Robin.

Hummingbird.jpg

Juvenile American Robin.jpg

Jared

It does look rather like a Robin, doesn't it.

I'm glad to hear you got home OK in the end. What news on the car?

well, it could be a variety of things. Could be the water pump, could be the radiator, it could be anything. We're going to take it in and get it fixed.

Well I hope it's not too expensive to sort.

Good luck Jared.

Thank you. Here's hoping I get it fixed! I just had it towed back to my house. Don't know what the problem is, but I'll figure it out.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that the car is fixed. It was the alternator, the battery, fuel pump, the fuel filter, and the coolant all at the same time. I fixed it myself, replaced all those parts I mentioned, and it's working just fine. Wasn't too expensive! I got a picture of a decent turkey vulture in the process of testing the car. It works just fine now!

Jared

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back