• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MUST SEE Hawk Fight Photo (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

Went out into town today for a doctor appointment. I brought my camera with me. Right when I stepped out of the car, I heard multiple Hawk cries. After 2 minutes of looking and hearing, I spotted them. I got my camera out, and snapped a single photo.

You wont believe what I caught in the photo.

Red Tailed Hawk Fight.jpg

I caught both of them, (Red Tailed Hawks,) colliding and fighting IN THE AIR! I was astonished! I didnt expect the photo to turn out like this!

They must have been really mad at each other to fight like this!

Jared

Were they fighting or displaying? Odd time of the year I know but I believe some raptors do 'grapple' as part of their display and I have heard that Golden Eagles have been known to crash to earth whilst still gripping each other.

@Foxy, I am not sure, to be honest. I think they were fighting because of the excessive cries they were making and one was chasing the other, eventually colliding.

Maybe it was a fight, maybe not. I am not sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back