• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch (1 Viewer)

A CHAPLIN

Hi Folks,

It is official the new series of Springwatch starts on Monday 29th May no other details yet, will let you know timings unless Euan beats me to it.

Ann :bounce:

This is what we pay our licence fee for!

Excellent. Been looking forward to this since the last one finished.

YAY! Me too DKR, been waiting for this since last year's ended! So we've got a few weeks of Springwatch then two weeks of Autumnwatch haven't we? Bill said that they were surprised they only had a one off show, so next year it'll be longer - if I remember correctly! I love springwatch so much! I can't wait! May distract me slightly on the revision side of things, but oh well!

Just checked my exam timetable, and I have a week of no exams when it starts!

Fantastic news Ann :t: .......though boo to it still being WEEKS away!!!!!! Can't wait that long!!!!! ;)

There's been a fair bit of interest in the Springwatch cards which folk are using to record the first Hawthorn, Swifts and Peacock butterflies.....loads of attention to that on Radio Newcastle over the past month or so.

Gill Osborne said:
Fantastic news Ann :t: .......though boo to it still being WEEKS away!!!!!! Can't wait that long!!!!! ;)

There's been a fair bit of interest in the Springwatch cards which folk are using to record the first Hawthorn, Swifts and Peacock butterflies.....loads of attention to that on Radio Newcastle over the past month or so.

It will be interesting to hear the experts take on the late spring and the effect on the wildlife.
As an aside, I hope Boddie does not keep doing the "Kate's Tits" gag again for the entire series, that got VERY tedious!

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the replies I thought you would all be out birding this weekend (or like me as a child being dragged round relatives).

Gill be like me dear the waiting, anticipation whatever is fun it means something to look forward to when it has been or seen, it has gone if you see what I mean.

Glad you have no exams that week David you can unwind relax and enjoy the programmes.

Paul I agree with you entirely but am sure if there are two families (of anything to watch and they will make sure there are two to compare) Bill will take the fittest for himself.

I am a Kate fan to me she is a hands on person and doesn't go in for corney jokes. Only one I can remember from last year was imitating Collared Doves calls and now writing I can't remember it but still have the tape.

I love the series like Nature Watch a lot of youngsters who live in cities etc. will get to see and hopefully learn about the wonderful wildlife we have in the UK. Who knows the series may encourage some to become birders (is that right) and care for things not destroy them.

Ann :clap: :bounce: :egghead:

A CHAPLIN said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the replies I thought you would all be out birding this weekend (or like me as a child being dragged round relatives).

I was stuck at work this morning - 5.30am until 1pm and then straight home to cook a Sunday dinner for Neil before he goes off on nightshift.
Whilst it was cooking I decided to spend an hour or so cutting back and digging out a horrible conifer that was taking up 50% of my front garden. Got that sorted so now all I have to do is dig the soil over and get planting! I'm planning on creating a nectar-rich border for my bees, hoverflies and butterflies in that spot. :t:
Just sent him off to work now so have a spare hour or so before I have to head off to bed myself *sigh* - the joys of working in a newsagents! :'D

Did however see my first Swallows of the year flying around the rooftops this afternoon - my first migrants of 2006! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back