• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reed warbler? Sedge warbler? (France) (1 Viewer)

Gduff

Hi,

I've posted this song on xeno canto, but I'd like to have your opinion.

http://www.xeno-canto.org/238565

I think it's a Reed Warbler, but could that be a Sedge Warbler? Or maybe something else?
Actually, I was very surprised to hear that song in my own garden this morning, because to me it's a totally unexpected place for such a warbler. The next river is at least 500 meters away, and my garden is a typical city garden, inside a small city.
What do you think?

Thank you

Reed Warbler for me also. More repetitive song than Sedge Warbler, less inclined to suddenly speed up also. There's a brief burst of more 'excited' song, but Reed Warblers can do that now and again, though it tends to be nowhere near as extreme as in Sedge. The precise tone of the song is also typical Reed.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back