• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Service (1 Viewer)

In June my Leica Televid 65 and tripod was blown over in Iceland and the mounting plate broke off the scope.

I sent it to SW optics in early July they forwarded it to Leica in Germany for repair.

Still haven't had it back despite Kate and Steve's best efforts at SW optics. Anyone else had similar problems?

Glyn

Glyn
I have sent a couple of items back to Leica in Germany (a pair of Ultravids and a televid 62) for repair. They sent me a link to their on-line repair tracking service so I could keep on top of progress. The scope took 10 weeks to repair (which they said at the outset) and the bins took about 1 week. The Leica tracking system was good. Presume SW Optics have been sent the link as your dealer?
Peter

I've had the same problem, luckily the team at Focal Point got hold of the UK Leica Rep who has lent my a new 65mm Scope whilst mine is being assessed in Germany, it's been about 7 weeks now!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back