• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

" You should have been....." (1 Viewer)

Hi Keith
No need to be sorry it's that i have not seen a Bittern for about 5yrs and i have nether seen Corncrake that is my one bird to see before st- peter call. As i said in my last post thanks for P/C website.

regards

To Late

Hi Everyone

Keith - Thank you for the link to the Potteric Website. Reading your message about your experience seeing the bittern there I'm more than want to go soon.

Baz - Thank you for the invite ;) unfortunately I didn't read the message until today. :-C
Never mind I'm sure we can arrange a new date for another day. :t:

Your local patch sounds wonderful and I can't wait to go. I had two wonderful and amazing sightings myself today on my local patch. We went to Rodley Nature Reserve 10 min drive from here when walking into the 3rd hide I immediately spotted a kingfisher!! He was sitting on a reed very close to the hide and we had a wonderful close view. I'm sure he must have known we where watching as he was showing off turning around to let us have a good look at him. We were watching him at least for 5 min or so before he eventually flew off. That was truly a beautiful experience which only got better when a bit later on we spotted a little owl!!! Yes I could not believe my luck. The owl was sitting and hopping around in a tree not far from where the bird feeders were hanging. Again we had an amazing close up view and again for what seemed ages. It kept looking at us with its big round eyes and didn't seemed bothered at all. What a beautiful bird. I still can't decide which one was better the kingfisher or the little owl. |>| Both I think where truly amazing and what a lucky day.

Happy birdies, Liebchen

Hi Liebchen,
Rodley is my nearest nature reserve. I try to get down there as often as possible. Never seen a little owl there but the kingfishers are very showy.
I used to be able to go midweek on a Wednesday but since having had to change my rest day to Thursday am not able to get down there as often.
It's amazing what the volunteers there have down with the old filterbeds etc. Looking forward to the ponds producing lots of dragonflies in the summer.

Hi Liebchen.

A couple of nice sightings that would please anyone. When I said I would meet up with you at Potteric, I didn't mean last weekend, but on some date in the future, so you didn't miss out. I know you go out on a Wednesday sometimes, and midweek would certainly suit me better; but weekends o.k. as long as I'm not otherwise engaged.

All the best.
Baz.

BazR said:
Hi Liebchen.

A couple of nice sightings that would please anyone. When I said I would meet up with you at Potteric, I didn't mean last weekend, but on some date in the future,

Baz - you're breaking my heart. I thought you couldn't wait to see me. :-C

Only joking :'D

Wednesday or Friday would be better for me too as its not so busy then. I'm looking forward to going and having looked at the website it looks a fantastic place to go. I'll pm you to let you know when we're going just in case you're also going that way. :bounce:

Happy birdies, Liebchen

Keith Dickinson said:
Hi Liebchen,
Rodley is my nearest nature reserve. I try to get down there as often as possible. Never seen a little owl there but the kingfishers are very showy.
I used to be able to go midweek on a Wednesday but since having had to change my rest day to Thursday am not able to get down there as often.
It's amazing what the volunteers there have down with the old filterbeds etc. Looking forward to the ponds producing lots of dragonflies in the summer.

Hi Keith

Rodley is great and I'm amazed how much they have achieved since it was established. We went there last year winter time for the first time and it is great to have a place like that so close to us. Especially now that the days are so short so its not to far to travel. I'm always amazed how many different birds there are to see around Rodley. It's at Rodley where I have learned about and seen many of my 'first' sightings of birds when we first got interested in birdwatching.

They were busy building around the ponds on Sunday when we went and yes it'll be great to see the end results. We usually go on a Sunday so we might bump into each other one day. We usually walk along the canal and the bushes/trees are full of sparrows. Glad to see that they are doing well there too.

Happy birdies, Liebchen

Hi Liebchen.

Behave yourself!! Wednesday is usually a good day for me, with the exception of the first Wed. in the month when I'm otherwise engaged. Fridays shouldn't be too much of a problem if you can't make Wednesdays. Look forward to hearing from you.

All the best.
Baz.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back