• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help ID (sound) (1 Viewer)

at the end of the recording are some sounds issued by Erithacus rubecula :)
But the acrocephalus, i think that is arudinaceus?

Agree it's an Acrocephalus sp... A. scirpaceus and A. arundinaceus would be still in Africa by now. It surely doesn't sound like A. arundinaceus anyway. I think a better candidate is A. melanopogon

This is definitely A. melanopogon. Good bird, where did you find it?
Timiș: Satchinez, 22.03.
I have a photo but it's not very clear ... if it helps.

it is possible that the sound does not belong to this acrocephalus, in the reed was already a large number, at least 6-7 Acrocephalus sp.

Attachments

• IMG_20180323_071818.jpg
    IMG_20180323_071818.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Your photo shows a Moustached Warbler Acrocephalus melanopogon, note the black cap and white supercilium. So the bird in your sound recording and the bird on the photo could well be the same individual.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back