• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

tripod (1 Viewer)

sparrowbirder

anyone recommend a good reasonably priced tripod suitable for digiscoping,ive still got an old slik master d2 which I dont think will be up to the job, anybody used one of the Jessops own brand pods,are they any good,any help will be appreciated
cheers andy p

Tripods

Why not look at the vast Manfrotto range, they have everything; furthermore they are built to last. Not only you, but your children, and even your grandchildren could be using the same inherited tripod!!

I'd advise against Jessop's own brand 'pods, they're not really up to the task from what i've seen.
What's wrong with your Slik 'pod? .... they are pretty solid beasts, maybe you could treat yourself to a new head for it.

You're on safe ground buying a Manfrotto tripod, though the 700rc2 head isn't likely to be much use with a big scope with a camera stuck on the end of it... similarly, the familiar 128rc head can have some problems.
Andy

thanks andy,i must admit I used the camera for the first time on monday and the pod did seem to cope quite well,just the mechanism seemed a bit stiff,nothing a spot of wd40 wont cure!!
would I need to buy a slik head or would other makes fit,as I said it is quite old now,I bought it new in about 89 so its done me proud!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back