• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (1 Viewer)

Andrew, thanks for finding the explanation that was escaping me last night - and for the background. What I meant was that anyone at Dawlish next Saturday owning up to a list smaller then 20 would hardly be referring to birds (unless they are on their first birding outing, which isn't very likely). I could pretty safely assume they are referring to the number of BF members they've seen. So QED, that's that, now I have what I want, or Bob's your uncle.

Thank you, Andrew and Jason, for your explanations. I am learning all kinds of things here on BirdForum.

Additionally:
I found this while "googling" to research the "Bob's your uncle" phrase used by Jason.

http://murray.newcastle.edu.au/users/staff/peter/auefaq.html
"Bob's your uncle"

This British phrase means "all will be well" or "simple as that": "You go and ask for the job -- and he remembers your name -- and Bob's your uncle." It dates from circa 1890.

Bluetail said:
Here we go then - don't blink or you'll miss it:

Andrew
Darrell Clegg
James Armstrong
John Cantelo
Lee Evans
Padraig
RobinM
Woody
Added a few more today ;)

Helenol
Grousemore
Gerry Hooper
alan_rymer
Ben H

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Are you enjoying a "Red Kite Effect" here Helen?
No EB, I went to the Devon bash. Thoroughly enjoyable it was too.

Mind you, next time, I'll think I'll make it a couple of days, instead of driving straight back after the event!

helenol said:
A few more ticks today, bringing the grand total to: 13

Grousemore
Bluetail
Andrew
Gerry Hooper
Alan Rymer
Ben

Ah the dedicated BF lister adding to her list straight away.

I might nab a few devon species end of September

Well some serious Twitching going on at Birdfair yesterday. With alleged cases of Stringing and supression!!

Up to 44 myself but Helen must have broke 50 and digi-birder was well over 60.

pduxon said:
Well some serious Twitching going on at Birdfair yesterday. With alleged cases of Stringing and supression!!

Up to 44 myself but Helen must have broke 50 and digi-birder was well over 60.

Yer can't count me 'cos you failed to re-identify me second time around! - I had 'scope and nobbly-knees, so I was fairly easy to ID, short of having a name-tag!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back