• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

S.Cyprus Plover ID? (1 Viewer)

Golfer1

I think this one is Kentish? However it has more brown around the breast than many I have seen, and those yellow legs bother me as I thought Kentish plovers had dark legs... so I'm not certain? Thanks

Attachments

• 5J9A9991 Kentish Plover Winter plumage Male.jpg
    5J9A9991 Kentish Plover Winter plumage Male.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 115
Not recent photo, right? Slightly worn juvenile plumage, pic ought to be taken in autumn. Common Ringed for sure.

Cyprus has a lot of migration in both Spring & Autumn, so being clear about when & where a photo is taken is important as it can clear up a lot of uncertainty!

Shane

Yes sorry about that - it was taken very early in october last year. I just got round to looking at it again and thought I made a mistake..... so thanks for your assistance.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back