• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thanks to Jessops in Glasgow (1 Viewer)

creavey

I had reported the premature death of my CP4500 last week and duly took it back to Jessops in Glasgow yesterday. They swapped it for a new one - which was good of them in my view, particularly as Nikon were saying I had to send it back to them and wait four weeks to get it fixed....

So - thanks Jessops - dealers do have a value....

I have now bought an extended warranty however..... along with a third battery, a card reader and a wide-angle converter.

Back on track. Have unloaded a couple of my last shots to the gallery to celebrate....

Cheers:t:

Carl

Thats an awful long way to take a camera back to where you bought it from!. Couldn't you have posted it?.
It seems to be looking very green in Islay!, the reeds around your teal are a lot higher than ours( ours are nonexistant ). Bothe the Heron and teal are beautiful shots!. What were the distances, scope etc?.

Hello - anywhere seems a long way when you are living here - but as it happened that my son and his pal were in a chanter/piping competition in Renton (Dumbarton), then I had a reasonable opportunity to take the 4500 back in person so to speak. Having arrived back home with it I now realise that it is without the wee 16mb card that it is supposed to come with, but I guess you cant have everything....

Thanks for the comments on the teal and heron. The teal was very close, probably only 20 or 30 feet away. My telescope is a Kowa TSN4 fluorite with an LCE adaptor. The eyepiece is a 20x wide and the camera is operated with the Nikon electronic remote shutter release. The photo is uncropped but has sharpening of 100 added in Adobe Elements. The camera was set to fine.

Spring comes early on Islay. The snowdrops here are almost over already and we have loadsa daffs out. Good growth is apparent everywhere. This tends to be arrested in the first big late storm which burns it all back - but it is nice while it lasts...

The heron wsas also quite close - about 20 yards I would think, but the photo is slightly cropped - all other details are the same.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back