• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TSN 663 (20-60x) vs TSN 773 (25-60x) (1 Viewer)

tkl

Is there a big performance difference between the two scopes that would justify the extra weight of the 773? I have been using a 663 with 20-60x zoom for a few years now, and although it’s the nicest spotting scope I’ve ever had, I’m considering switching. Most of the time I’m on foot with a backpack using the scope so the 88mm would be too much of a jump. Ive read quite often that the jump from the 773/4 to the 883/4 is well worth it so I’m curious if the same holds true from 663/4 to 773/4. Thanks for any advice.

Trever

Last edited:
I would either stay where you are or go with the 88. I have both and wouldn't part with either. See the recent thread 88 vs 77, the 77 has a lot more CA than the 88 or the 66. You are not going to notice huge differences unless your doing shore birds where the distance can get long.
Steve

I would either stay where you are or go with the 88. I have both and wouldn't part with either. See the recent thread 88 vs 77, the 77 has a lot more CA than the 88 or the 66. You are not going to notice huge differences unless your doing shore birds where the distance can get long.
Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve. At what sort of distance would you expect to start seeing the difference between the 66 and 77?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back