• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help needed with old scope (1 Viewer)

plese can anyone help. i have just accquired a old spotting scope. has came up really well. only problem is that it has no attachment on the bottom so it can be put on a tripod. :-C

alexmclennan said:
plese can anyone help. i have just accquired a old spotting scope. has came up really well. only problem is that it has no attachment on the bottom so it can be put on a tripod. :-C

I may not be the best person to help you, but does your scope have a threaded hole on the bottom? If so, you can obtain a small attachment that will screw onto the bottom of your scope. And this attachment will click into the tripod head. Al least that is how my scope works.

Good luck.

Lew

old scope

Lewie said:
I may not be the best person to help you, but does your scope have a threaded hole on the bottom? If so, you can obtain a small attachment that will screw onto the bottom of your scope. And this attachment will click into the tripod head. Al least that is how my scope works.

Good luck.

Lew
no the scope does not have a hole for screw thread, must have been some sort of clamp any ideas lewie

alexmclennan said:
no the scope does not have a hole for screw thread, must have been some sort of clamp any ideas lewie

I saw in a recent Leica brochure where Leica has a rubber or nylon strap,
with evidently a tripod attachment on the bottom, in order to secure to the tripod binoculars that do not have a threaded tripod hole. I wonder if it can be adapted to work on your scope. -- I just found the attachment on Leica's home page.

http://www.leica-camera.com/sportoptik/produkte/ultravid/zubehoer/index_e.html

Don't know if it will work, but may give you some ideas

Good luck.

Lew

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back