• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some tricky Edwards's and/or Edward's Birds… with or without Milne? (1 Viewer)

There are 2 obvious errors in the attached pedegree concerning the daughters of Henri Milne.

Julie … (1831-1857), Married to Ernest Charles Jean Baptiste Dumas (1827-1980).

Cécile … (1832-1917), Married 1962 to her late sisters husband E. C. J. B. Dumas (above).

Theo

Well detected, Theo!

Well done! You sure have an eagle-eye! Thanks!

Of course you´re right. My error, my mushy brain, my slippery fingers on the computer key-board. It took me a while to compile that pdf, obviously a bit too long, too late at night. Sorry for that. But I think the rest is correct ...

I´ve now changed the pdf, and here it is again, in its updated version (1.2).

Once again thanks!

Cheers!

Attachments

• From Edwards to Milne-Edwards ... ver 1.2 .pdf
    404.5 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
It´s about time for the Birds!

Ok, now it´s gone more than a week of no replies, opposing protests or counterproposals ... I take the silence as some sort of quiet approval, and will try to "push on"!

In forthcoming posts I will use the spelling:Henri Milne Edwards (1800–1885) vs Alphonse Milne-Edwards (1835–1900)

Since solving that "basic thing" (like I unwisely called it in my post No. 8, this thread), hoping to find a quick and easy way of figuring out the spelling of the names of the (this far, just possible) Men commemorated in these Birds, I am now merely stating the fact that this attempt (even if we got a few things sorted out) resulted in an hevily, overloaded thread, making it a bit awkward, or at least slightly difficult to follow, for any keen new-comer, thereby I suggest we deal with the birds themselves … in a new, sparkling fresh thread: Some tricky Edwards's and/or Edward's Birds … Part II

See you all there!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back