• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird crossword (1 Viewer)

Natalia90

Hi everyone,
I just joined the forum a few days ago and I thought I'd share with you this fun bird crossword I made.
Enjoy :D

Natalia

Attachments

• Bird Crossword.jpg
    Bird Crossword.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 98
Likewise. Even when I'm sure I know the answer, it doesn't fit.

Example: 8 across has to be "cardinal", but that's not nearly enough letters, so let's try "northern cardinal" - still too short, unless you're including the space.

Including the space would allow 5 down to be "blue jay" (otherwise it would have to be "scrub jay"), but there's a problem: the "A" in "cardinal" isn't in the same square as the "a" in "jay". Maybe you wanted 8 across to be "northern cardinals"? If so you need to phrase the clue accordingly.

4 down is easy*, and puts the letter "g" in the intersection with 6 across. I looked up "mohoidea" (the clue for 6 across). There are only 3 species, and none of them have a "g" anywhere in their names (scientific, English, or Maori). In fact, none of them are the right length.

* I take that back, it's impossible to know whether you meant the one starting with a "P" or the one starting to with a "W".

I looked up the answer to 1 across, and it doesn't come close to the right number of letters.

2 down was clever - I'm sure I got the second word right, anyway.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back