• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone know? (1 Viewer)

Paulpierson

So on June 3rd I found some bird eggs in my backyard, then on June 8th I check in on them again and they were hatched(and alive), then around 3 or 4 days later the birds were gone and the nest was empty. I looked to see if the birds tried to fly and hit the ground and there was nothing on the ground. If you guys know anything please let me know.
a60fb68e8514de12f99eaa277cfd3c2b.jpg
b03763d387ae3e5944583ab8ed70e4d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very neat nest, the egg color is somewhat akin to that of a Wood Thrush, but not at all expert in this area.
Meanwhile, a month is plenty long enough for this brood to fledge, so hopefully you'll be able to spot the young somewhere in the area.

Sadly I would say the nest was found be a predator and the chicks taken, not a nice thing as I had some taken this year too :(

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back