• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Little Packington (1 Viewer)

Ford40

Hi.
Been looking on these forums a while and it appears not many if any share my local patch.
Little Packington is a nice spot. Park by the ford then take a walk all the way upto the hidden bridge over the Blythe.

Todays sightings
Swift
Swallow
House Martin
Sand Martin
Buzzard
Numerous wrens with young.
Deer and fox.

Would be interesting to hear of anyone else visiting this area.

Hi.
Been looking on these forums a while and it appears not many if any share my local patch.
Little Packington is a nice spot. Park by the ford then take a walk all the way upto the hidden bridge over the Blythe.

Todays sightings
Swift
Swallow
House Martin
Sand Martin
Buzzard
Deer and fox.

My last visit to this site was in July 1975 for the White-tailed Plover, it was well worth seeing. I suppose the area has changed somewhat since?

That's a bit before my time :) but been going since the late 80's and I'm pretty sure nothing has changed.Great spot on a summers evening by the ford.
Not been going last couple of weeks. The heat is past my threshold.

Looks like the little egret has moved into the field opposite the Ford. Sat in the dead tree when I arrived.
Kingfisher, male, female kestrels but fairly quiet over the Ford in general.

Grey wagtail, kingfisher, kestrel, Great spotted woodpecker, little egret of note at the Ford.
Took a walk upto Hawkeswell farm under the motorway and saw,
Linnet, bullfinch and chiffchaff with great views of all from the path.
On the whole a great day. Can't remember so much activity in the area.

Hi.

Todays sightings
Swift
Swallow
House Martin
Sand Martin
Buzzard
Deer and fox.

will look more frequently now i realize you are inthe same area have you noticed an increase in ring necked parakeet nr waer orton or along cole valley

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back