• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tally Counters (1 Viewer)

Kernow Pete

Kernow Pete
Can anybody recommend a decent tally counter?

I do alot of Sea-watching and Survey work, so could do with a water proof or weather resistant counter. I dont mind if it is digital or traditional. With in reason cost is not an issue.

I look forward to any replys

Regards

Pete:t:

I just buy cheap ones four or five at a time on Amazon and accept that they will eventually jam. Or roll down a cliff.

Steve

I use an android app on my phone. I set the volume down button as the clicker - the screen stays off so batteries last well. I can't use the voice recorder at the same time though.

Last edited:
Absolutely the best but no longer available (as also stated on the webpage you refer to). The producer of these tally's does not want to invest in a new machine to produce them. Very happy to have a stockpile of these counters. Regards, Michel

I hope mine last as long as possible then... :-C

Absolutely the best but no longer available (as also stated on the webpage you refer to). The producer of these tally's does not want to invest in a new machine to produce them. Very happy to have a stockpile of these counters. Regards, Michel

Why not buy the chrome version that are still available from this site ?, I bought a set of 4 nearly 10 years ago & they`re still going strong.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back