• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI Mexico DF (1 Viewer)

Jose Ramon

Hi all,

I am going on a working visit to Mexico D.F. in October 2017 and I would like to receive some information about the possibilities to watch birds not far from the city.

I will fly to Mexico D.F. airport and it seems that I will be staying in a hotel close to Paseo de la Reforma but I may rent a car, use public transport, ...

One of my main targets is to try to see the Olive warbler (Peucedramus taeniatus) that seems to winter in small number in the Mexico D.F. area and there will be some other interesting birds for me to watch.

I have been told that the best areas not far from Mexico DF are:

- Desierto de los Leones
- Jardín Botánico UNAM
- Parque Ecológico Xochimilco

I may have around three days during the weekend that I could stay in Mexico D.F. or travel somewhere else in Mexico if it is really worth doing so.

Then, could anybody answer me a few questions?

- Is it worth staying in Mexico D.F. or it is better to visit any other area in Mexico taking into account that I will only have around three days available?

- What is the best place to watch Olive warbler in Mexico D.F. or nearby areas?

- Does anybody know a professional guide or birding pal based in Mexico D.F. or nearby areas?

- Any forum about birding in Mexico in English or Spanish?

Any information will be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back