• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cybershot Dsc-t1 For Digiscoping? (1 Viewer)

cabangu

Olá!

I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-T1 with Carl Zeiss lenses that i like to use. However, i never heard talk about this camera for Digiscoping.
The camera has a 3x intern zoom and 5 MP, but i don't know if it will be possible to adapt cause the front design. So, as I'm considering to by the necessary equipment for digiscoping, I woul like to know if I can use it.
Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

cabangu said:
Olá!

I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-T1 with Carl Zeiss lenses that i like to use. However, i never heard talk about this camera for Digiscoping.
The camera has a 3x intern zoom and 5 MP, but i don't know if it will be possible to adapt cause the front design. So, as I'm considering to by the necessary equipment for digiscoping, I woul like to know if I can use it.
Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Olá Cabangu,
In theory it should work but the only real way to make sure is to hand-hold it up to a scope and take a few pictures. If it does you might have to make your own adapter or buy a universal one, something like the SRB-Griturn swing-out adapter would do.
An alternative for an adapter is if you put in a search for Jose Viana, an excellent digiscoper in Portugal, and have a look at his website - he shows his home made adapter that might give you a few ideas.

Good luck

John

PS. I should put any further posts in the Digiscoping Forum, this Forum is more for SLRs etc.

Last edited:
cabangu said:
Olá!

I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-T1 with Carl Zeiss lenses ....
Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Just today I did some testing with the later version, the T10 handheld. The initial results are VERY encouraging. My initial view is it is better than the CP990, Sony W1 and Pentax Optio 43wr.

I was leaning initially towards getting Fuji F31fd, the new Nikon P5000 or the Sony N2 but now I have to seriously consider the option of the Sony G1 which has the same lens system but better designed physically for digiscoping.

Olá!
Thank you both for your coments. However,my dout still continue cause i don't know if the fact of the front sise of the camera not be plan difficult the adaption or connection between the eyepiece and the camera's optic front glass. In one word: Can the outside light enter between the eyepiece and the camera?
A ask you my apologises if i'm not in the right Forum's place, but i'm a beginner...
Thanks again!

cabangu said:
Olá!
Thank you both for your coments. However,my dout still continue cause i don't know if the fact of the front sise of the camera not be plan difficult the adaption or connection between the eyepiece and the camera's optic front glass. In one word: Can the outside light enter between the eyepiece and the camera?
A ask you my apologises if i'm not in the right Forum's place, but i'm a beginner...
Thanks again!

Olá Cabangu,
Just had a look at a picture of the T1 and I think I see what concerns you now, the front of the camera is not flat and the curved portion seems to come right up to the lens, probably touching the scope eyepiece and holding the camera lens away from it.
Yes it is possible for strong sunlight to reflect back into the camera from the scope eyepiece, the only way to know how much this will be is to try it with your scope. If it is a problem perhaps you could use something to act as a simple shield to keep light from hitting the eyepiece.

Regards

John

john-henry said:
Olá Cabangu,
Just had a look at a picture of the T1 and I think I see what concerns you now, the front of the camera is not flat and the curved portion seems to come right up to the lens, probably touching the scope eyepiece and holding the camera lens away from it.
Yes it is possible for strong sunlight to reflect back into the camera from the scope eyepiece, the only way to know how much this will be is to try it with your scope. If it is a problem perhaps you could use something to act as a simple shield to keep light from hitting the eyepiece.

Regards

John
Olá John!

You had understood my problem!
Thanks for your Help! It was wellcomed.

Cheers!

Cabangu

cabangu said:
Olá John!

You had understood my problem!
Thanks for your Help! It was wellcomed.

Cheers!

Cabangu

You are very welcome Cabangu.

If you have any other problems don't hesitate to ask, the only thing I would do is post them in Andy Brights Digiscoping Forum, that way more digiscopers will see your question and give more variety of answers.

Good luck, I hope it works out OK.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back