• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Coolpix adaptors (1 Viewer)

willibet

Hi,
I'm keen to start digiscoping and having read a few posts feel one of the Nikon range is the one to go for, so, of the cp800, cp880, cp885, cp950, cp990, cp995 or the new cp4500 I'd like to know if they can use the same adaptor. Do they all have the same lens size?
al

Nikon adaptors

No
They have different attachment rings, S-CP885 for coolpix 885, S- CP5000 for coolpix 5000, S- CP880 for coolpix 880 and F/S - CP9XX for coolpix 900 series and also the 4500, and so on. How do I know? because I am reading the Nikon digital camera leaflet obtainable from Nikon and may I suggest that you contact them for this leaflet as it has a wealth of detail in it. You will also need various digital telescope/camera attachments to go in front of these attachment rings to actually connect the camera to the relevant Nikon telescope. Hope this helps but ask Nikon U K, they will be anxious to help. Also Warehouse Express mail order carry a wealth of information on their site and are also clued up about what goes with what in the Nikon digiscoping line up:h?:

Hi Al,
I think Geoff's reply is correct if you're using a Nikon scope and using Nikon's own digiscoping adapters.
If you are using another scope, you won't usually have to bother with any thread step-up/down rings. The most popular Nikon's for digiscoping (cp990/005/4500) have a 28mm lens thread on them, this will fit most of the popular digiscoping adapters around (L.C.E./EagleEye etc..)
The cp800 certainly has a 28mm thread on it's lens as well. Can't quite remember if the 880/885 do as well.
Your basic concern will be to get a digiscoping adapter to fit your scope eyepiece.
Regards,
Andy

Andy Bright said:
The cp800 certainly has a 28mm thread on it's lens as well. Can't quite remember if the 880/885 do as well
I had an 885 and you needed a step down ring (readily available) to connect to 28mm Eagle Eye adapter.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back