• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any replacement covers for 8x32 Gold Ring. (1 Viewer)

tpcollins

The objective covers on my 8x32 Gold Rings will not stay in. Nice design but if the "threaded" portion of the rubber cover were a bit longer, it would have a better chance of staying put inside.

Just wondering if anyone found a replacement for the 45mm-46mm OD barrels? Thanks.

Eagle Optics sells generic replacement objective covers that may (or may not) fit better on the outside of the barrels.

I presume the ones provided are "plug" style covers? Pentax uses those too and I notice that if one doesn't put them on correctly they don't stay put.

Thanks Kevin - I sent an inquiry to EO as I was looking at their options earlier today. The concept for the Leupold "plug type" covers is nice but mine seem to be just a hair undersized and even though I try to seat them carefully, there's just not enough tension to hold them in solidly.

I went up to the lumber yard this morning and found some thin rubber washers about 1 5/16" OD and they fit inside the cover perfectly and put the needed tension to keep the plugs in the barrels. But they'll fly out on occasions when I pull the covers off so I'm going to glue them in with some flexible adhesive I have for repairing my fly fishing waders.

Attachments

• IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 98
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back