• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Experience with "flat folding" tripods (Benro Traveller) (1 Viewer)

Till

I have a very stable Studex tripod, but it's very heavy, so I am looking for a lightweight travel tripod. In my search, I came across Benro's "Traveller Flat" tripods, available in aluminium and carbon versions, that are unique (as far as I know) in having the legs mounted in parallel (rather than forming a triangle), which allows them to fold completely flat. The design leaves no space for a centre column, but I am more concerned about stability.

Do you have any experience, either with one of the Benro models, or with a similar design? How do they compare with traditional tripods of similar weight?

I am looking to use the tripod with a spotting scope, and occasionally with a camera, up to 300mm.

Here is the link on the manufacturer's website, but you can find many more images using google's image search: http://www.benro.com/Products.aspx?cid=208&pid=209&nid=247

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back