• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding near Zagreb (1 Viewer)

Finbirder

Dear birders,

I have booked one week holiday in July with flights to Zagreb. I was planning to go to Plitvicka Jezera and probably to the nearby coast of Croatia and Slovenia and will have a car.

I am specially interested in some birds that would be lifers to me (list below). If possible any help with places to see these species during July in that area are highly appreciated, thanks!

Black-headed bunting
Mediterranean Shearwater
Levant Sparrowhawk
Audouin's Gull
Lanner
Rock Partridge
Barn Owl
Rock Thrush
Olive-tree Warbler
Sombre Tit
Rock Nuthatch
Wallcreeper
Stone Curlew
Alpine Accentor
Eastern Bonelli's Warbler
Moustached Warbler

All the best!
-Finbirder

Last edited:
To limit my question a little bit, out route will be around
Zagreb-Plitvicke-mt.Ucka-Koper-Lake Bled-Ljubljana-Zagreb.
Any chance of species mentioned around that area?
I have heard that maybe in Ucka mountain Rock partridge and rock thrush would be possible?
Maybe Aloine Accentor too or even Wallcreeper?

Black headed Bunting Vransko Jezero
Moustached Warbler Vransko Jezero
Rock Partridge Krka Nationalpark
Sombre Tit Paklenica
Rock Trush Paklenica
Blue Rock Trush very high chance in Paklenica
Rock Nuthatch Paklenica
Levant Sparrowhawk KrK Nationalpark

To limit my question a little bit, out route will be around
Zagreb-Plitvicke-mt.Ucka-Koper-Lake Bled-Ljubljana-Zagreb.
Any chance of species mentioned around that area?
I have heard that maybe in Ucka mountain Rock partridge and rock thrush would be possible?
Maybe Aloine Accentor too or even Wallcreeper?

I can remember people reported about good chance for Rock Patridge on Pag island, but I have no expirience on this island.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back