• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which is the best Hawks Ed model (1 Viewer)

wingedwarrior

Out of all the Hawks Ed binoculars, which if any seems to be the most consistent in giving the best optical view through them?

I was looking at a compact pair of leicas but reading on some of these hawkes, say like the 8x43 Ed they seem to be compatible in image quality and enjoyable experience, all info appricated.

Thanks Gary

I like the Sapphire ED Top Hinge the best of the x43s. Haven't seen the new Frontier ED 8x32 yet but should get to try it this week.

David

I would like to see a reviewof the Frontier's v the Sapphire (the latter obviously meant to be the latest and better binocular).

I have 10 x 43 Frontier as I like the extra magnification, and I think they are superb optically.

Well I know this don't help but managed to try a pair of swarovski 8.5x42 against the frontier 8x43 and the swaro ask expected made the hawkes look terrible..it was in low light though in the shopping mall..they were amazing! But I know there not in the same class, always liked my old frontier 8x43ed thought they were great, but its not until you get the chance to compare side by side in low light you really can tell..sorry to ramble. No back to the hawkes..

Also tried a pair of the 8x25 sapphire Ed..there compared very well against the leica trinovid 8x20.. Very nice compact indeed for one third of the price!

Hawke Frontier ED

I bought the 10x43s a couple of weeks ago. Haven't had them out much yet, but they seem extremely good - the view is sharp and punchy. The one caveat I would mention is that they have a yellow cast. This isn't too noticeable in general use, but you can see it once you realise that it is there or if you compare them to some other bins.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back