• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are Canon going mirrorless FF soon (1 Viewer)

It really is time they did but for birding it needs to be at leased up to the 7dmkII sort of spec .
Rob.

It certainly looks Canon are looking into it - they will probably do a good job of FF Mirror less too (hopefully).

Unfortunately, with today's tech I can't see a use for mirror less cameras for birding. I have tried a few and, whilst lovely cameras, they were simply hopeless for my birding needs. Add to this the slow AF, viewfinder lag and no good native long lenses etc etc - they are just not going to get there for a while yet.

If Canon did dip into this field then (with an adapter) they would certainly have the long lenses sorted, they already have the best AF systems (perhaps they could be adapted?) - so if they could achieve minimal EVF issues they might make a go of Mirror less for birding etc. I can't see it happening but you never know????

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back