• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Wales! (1 Viewer)

WelshFalcon

Very new to this, so please bear with me.
Have been to the Wildfowl & Wetlands Centre at Llanelii this morning.
Ther's a redhead smew there, several spotted redshank, snipe, common redshank, greenshank and dunlin.
A Goshawk took a collared dove in the carpark just before I arrived. saw a sparrowhawk take a starling, and two peregrine out on the estuary. Lots of ducks , including wigeon, teal, shoveler, pintail and gadwall.
Can be up to 50 little egret at high tide and a spoonbill is there most days.

Anyone who wants to visit there...give me a shout......can also give some information on other local sites worth visiting.

I would ABSOLUTELY love to visit the WWT. Unfortunately, I don't have my own transport, and you know what the transport is like in this part of the world ...

B :)

How far are you from WWT Ralph?

I'm only a couple of miles from there, so am lucky enough to be able to visit regularly.

We are lucky to have good places nearby, like Pembrey Country park, Kidwelly Quay, as ell as all the places on the Gower.....

Did see you say you were ong to Cornwall? Lucky you, great place.......not just the birds.....great pubs too!

I'm not really close to the WWT - actually, I'm near Hendy (J48) and getting there is a bit of a bind.

I bet there are loads of real great places around this area - not that I've checked any of them out, of course.

Came back from Cornwall about a month ago. Not bad birding. More Little Egrets than anything else, which wasn't hugely exciting. Alas, never checked out any of the local ale houses either. A completely dry week in both respects!

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back