• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch 2018 (1 Viewer)

No end of presenters do this. The worst are those that are holding something that they want you to look at and the camera homes in on it..... up, down, up, down.... you never see it.

Hand gestures for emphasis, are nothing - everybody does it, though I admit some more than others. Don't think it's anything to get wound up about.

If she's as bright as you think she is, she would have stopped waving her arms about before now! Someone must have advised her by this time, surely....

Then watch Sir David Attenborough Sandra. It doesn’t bother me but if it troubles viewers then they have a big problem.

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the eagle segment!

I found the first few episodes off somehow but it's definitely picked up with some interesting content as it's progressed. However the lack of regular hour-long shows on red-button, lack of unsprung and what feels like less updates on their live blog means it all feels less like a three week long event.

Just managed to watch up to half of Episode 4. The series is better than expected. Quite a good one. That said all the best bits are not from the base location. In Episode 1 after Michaela explains the difference between Marsh and Willow Tit she manages to mix the names up.

Love the fact that they visited the Gower and got footage of Dartford Warblers there. I am not show I agreed with their any how late spring analysis was when they had a Swallow in January 2017 which could have over wintered rather than be a very early migrant.

They seem to have acquired a surfeit of presenters at the moment. I am not sure what the collective noun is for Springwatch presenters – a Gesticulation perhaps?

Ron

I think they should all go and bring back Martin, team him up with yollo and Steve backshaw, maybe a guest presenter and bring kate back.

Not everyone will be happy whoever the presenters are.

Next series...

Main presenters; Chris P and Lindsay Chapman
Roving reporter; Lolo Williams
Pre-recorded items; Gillian or others

Although I have a feeling there might be bigger changes...

It was announced at the end of this evenings Springwatch, that Autumnwatch this year will be different with the venue not being in the UK. Autumnwatch 2018 will be in New England. Is that in the USA or Canada? I’m unsure how i feel about that destination. It was also mentioned earlier today on the live webcams, that Springwatch 2019 will be at a new destination.
Ian.

Last edited:
There will be a single programme covering autumn in New England (USA). Much like there was a Springwatch Japan special last year.

I would not imagine that it will replace the main UK live shows.

There will be a single programme covering autumn in New England (USA). Much like there was a Springwatch Japan special last year.

I would not imagine that it will replace the main UK live shows.

Well to me the announcement sounded like it was the regular Autumnwatch programme. So I wonder if they are replacing the regular Autumnwatch series, with just a 1 programme episode instead. Maybe if that does happen, it’s because of further budget cuts at the BBC.
Ian.

I got the impression it was the whole series, although Chris said a one off... confused!

It airs on the 15th October which is when Autumnwatch usually starts.

I'll be disappointed if it is only from the US, one of the main reasons I watch Springwatch etc is because they concentrate on the UK.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back