• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tiny hummingbird/Subird? (1 Viewer)

birderUK007

Friend forwarded me this picture, I believe it's been on the internet a while and done the rounds. Does anybody know what it is? It's Bee Hummingbird tiny but I didn't know of any hummer this colour, all I could think is some kind of sunbird?

Anybody know? Is it even real?

Attachments

• thumbnail_ovt8i9fr11c11.jpg
    thumbnail_ovt8i9fr11c11.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
It's a photo shopped Sunbird with the tail of another species added, a fake photo.

Ahhh I thought something was not quite right! Had me searching image after image and just couldn't place it. Sometimes the internet giveth and sometimes it taketh away. Today it took away an hour of my life I wont have back, *shakes fist*

Nope, it's real...a real photo of a paper sculpture of a Crimson Topaz, that is. All you need to do is do a reverse image search. |=)| https://www.deviantart.com/nvillustration/art/Crimson-Topaz-Paper-cut-birds-749089496

Ah a twist in the story! I've learnt two things exist today, "reverse image search" and "Crimson Topaz". The fact it's a sculpture explains the size and the "not quite right" aspect of it but lovely to now see that it was based on a real bird, I always hoped it was which is why I've tried so hard to ID it. Thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back