• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Colombia June or July 2020 (1 Viewer)

odins

Hi Birders: I am trying to " round up " another 2 or 3 birders to form a group of birders, ( around 6 max.), who might be interested in a birding tour of Northern Colombia either the last two weeks of June, 2020, or, maybe into July. This is the beginning of the dry season there.
I did a tour with some fellow birders this past July, ( 2019 ) with a local birding company out of Cali. It was great.
Now I am looking to organize another tour for the above dates in 2020 with the same company. The emphasis of the tour will be on bird photography, not on seeing the most birds possible over that span of time. Our rule of thumb on our last tour was we don't move on until birders are okay with their pics.
That still means longish days as our guides will try to get us onto the most birds possible under those circumstances. I have an itinerary already planned out with the head guide which I would be happy to send along to anyone interested. The tour will start in Pereira Colombia, and end in Baranquilla, ( both have international airports ), and will take in some great birding locations like Nevado National Park and the Santa Marta Mountains with 2 nights at the El Dorado Lodge. Many endemic birds are possible. If interested drop me a line, and I can send you the proposed itinerary. I am enclosing my e-mail address as well; thormanson@live. com.
Thanks, Thor

Interested. Will email you. Chances of seeing Harpy Eagle? I was considering going into the Darien Gap next year. Just across the border in Panama from where you are going.

Maroon Jay: Okay. I think your Darien Gap trip would give you better chance for Harpy Eagle, although I hear they can be tough there too.

birdthing: I enclosed my e-mail address in the post. E-mail me, and I will send you the intinerary which will show costs.

Looking for one more male to bring the group size up to 7; should be willing to share accommodation with one other. Check my e-mail address above, and e-mail me directly with your return e-mail, and I can send you trip itinerary and costs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back