Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
ZEISS Summer Savings - Experience unique moments of nature. Save up to £250 on selected ZEISS Binoculars - limited time only!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Northern Colombia June or July 2020

Old Sunday 1st September 2019, 00:29   #1
odins

Northern Colombia June or July 2020

Hi Birders: I am trying to " round up " another 2 or 3 birders to form a group of birders, ( around 6 max.), who might be interested in a birding tour of Northern Colombia either the last two weeks of June, 2020, or, maybe into July. This is the beginning of the dry season there.
I did a tour with some fellow birders this past July, ( 2019 ) with a local birding company out of Cali. It was great.
Now I am looking to organize another tour for the above dates in 2020 with the same company. The emphasis of the tour will be on bird photography, not on seeing the most birds possible over that span of time. Our rule of thumb on our last tour was we don't move on until birders are okay with their pics.
That still means longish days as our guides will try to get us onto the most birds possible under those circumstances. I have an itinerary already planned out with the head guide which I would be happy to send along to anyone interested. The tour will start in Pereira Colombia, and end in Baranquilla, ( both have international airports ), and will take in some great birding locations like Nevado National Park and the Santa Marta Mountains with 2 nights at the El Dorado Lodge. Many endemic birds are possible. If interested drop me a line, and I can send you the proposed itinerary. I am enclosing my e-mail address as well; [email protected] com.
Thanks, Thor
Old Sunday 1st September 2019, 02:25   #2
Maroon Jay
Airborne

Interested. Will email you. Chances of seeing Harpy Eagle? I was considering going into the Darien Gap next year. Just across the border in Panama from where you are going.

BF Supporter 2012 2013 2014 2015 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 5th September 2019, 17:08   #3
odins

Maroon Jay: Okay. I think your Darien Gap trip would give you better chance for Harpy Eagle, although I hear they can be tough there too.
Old Sunday 8th September 2019, 22:07   #4
birdthing

Have you got any costs for this trip
Old Tuesday 10th September 2019, 21:47   #5
odins

birdthing: I enclosed my e-mail address in the post. E-mail me, and I will send you the intinerary which will show costs.
Old Wednesday 11th September 2019, 21:23   #6
Paulo Paixao

I emailed you. Looking forward to receiving itinerary, price, dates and more details about participants.
Thanks, Paulo
Old Friday 20th September 2019, 22:07   #7
odins

Looking for one more male to bring the group size up to 7; should be willing to share accommodation with one other. Check my e-mail address above, and e-mail me directly with your return e-mail, and I can send you trip itinerary and costs.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: