• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's it worth? (1 Viewer)

John P

Usually on a different wavelength
I've been offered first refusal on a virtually new D70s with 18-70 kit lens, two batteries and three CF cards.

Easy enough to ascertain what this would cost new (£550 he says for the lens & camera) but I have no idea of s/h values and have been asked to make an offer.

Can someone give me a guide price?

John P said:
I've been offered first refusal on a virtually new D70s with 18-70 kit lens, two batteries and three CF cards.

Easy enough to ascertain what this would cost new (£550 he says for the lens & camera) but I have no idea of s/h values and have been asked to make an offer.

Can someone give me a guide price?
A brief look around the used camera dealers indicates a top price of £499 for a D70s + 18-70mm. Aslo found the same at £449.

body only I've seen £399 for a mint- example.
A dealer usually gives a guarantee which adds to the price.

The size of the CF cards you're getting with this may make a difference as well.

cheers,
Andy

Andy Bright said:
A brief look around the used camera dealers indicates a top price of £499 for a D70s + 18-70mm. Aslo found the same at £449.

body only I've seen £399 for a mint- example.
A dealer usually gives a guarantee which adds to the price.

The size of the CF cards you're getting with this may make a difference as well.

cheers,
Andy
Thanks for that. I've only just started researching what I might buy and I was leaning towards a Canon, this has just served to confuse things a little.

I think I'll let this one go and find what I want in my own time.

Willpower willpower, resist resist.:'D

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back