• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Filters & lens hoods for digicams? (1 Viewer)

HelenB

Opus Editor and Expat from Cumbria
Opus Editor
Does anyone know if there are filters and lens hoods available for the Olympus C700UZ digicamera? I need a filter to keep the lens clean, as it seems to be always getting fingerprints on it!! To have the camera available for shooting fast, I leave it set-up and let it go into sleep mode, otherwise it takes too long to power up & get to the settings I want, ie: on SHQ (1600x1200 pixels). This means that the zoom lens is out at its full length and the lens cap pops off very easily.

A lens hood would be a great addition for shooting in certain light conditions, and it would also protect the lens. Haven't browsed the Olympus website, but I haven't seen these sort of accessories mentioned anywhere, and thought I'd ask forum members for some feedback. I know there are several Olympus C700 users out there.

Thanks.......

Ive never seen this camera but does it have threads on the end of the lens? If so you should be able to easily find a hood and filters to fit it. The c2100uz does. I bought a step up ring to use my larger lens hood and filters on it.

I have a C700 and have an adapter tube (52mm) with a UV filter attached. I do not use an end cap as the filter does the job. I alos have a set of Hoya closeup filters (+1, 2 and 4), a Raynox 1540 and Oly C210 tele lenses. Use them all and love them. Most of my purchases are from 2filter.com. However, I have used the Olympus emporium (the C210 is on $40) and ebay. You should check out the C700 group at yahoo. There are many links to information on lenses, batteries, filters, etc. . .there.

Helen, Don't know the sizeof your lens, but why not take a tour of the shelves in your local food store. I bet you can find a plastic "Cap" to fit your lens for little money.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back