• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anglesey, North Wales (1 Viewer)

AnnRE

Can anyone help please :)

Is the bird with the Mallard also a Mallard? (there did used to be a white duck on the pond where these are)

Is this a green finch (not good shots as was trying to get it before it flew off!)

What sort of Tern is this?

Thought I'd ask about them all together to save space :t:

I've realised how ignorant I am about birds since I've started taking photos!

Thanks

Attachments

• P8030634.jpg
    P8030634.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 76
  • P8140768.JPG
    P8140768.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 87
  • P8140770.JPG
    P8140770.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 87
  • P8170939.JPG
    P8170939.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Not an ignorant, just a beginner, we all started that way
domestic mallard
chaffinch with that bold wing bar, looking greenish as light is filtered by green leaves
Black headed Gull, looking tern like but still a Gull

Morning Ann. I'll have first go. Duck appears to be a hybrid of sorts. I think your finch is a Chaffinch with a green tinge from the photo. And I think the last is a Black Headed Gull though I'm useless with all gulls.

Rich

PS I see Tom was first3:)

Thank you all so much - had read somewhere that ducks can cross breed so did think that's what it was.

Very exited about the chaffinch - not had one here before, hope we get more of them :)

A black headed gull, wait til I tell OH, who insisted it was a tern of some sort, he he he

And thank you I was very very pleased with the duck photo.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back