• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Threat To Endangered Geese Species Blows Away Windfarm Plans (1 Viewer)

This is terrific news.
Like all the other one thousand objectors I received an email from the Largie protest group today.
They did a fantastic job & every birder worthy of the name should thank them on behalf of the Greenland White Fronteds.
Colin

At long last some great news and well done to all who objected including the Largie Protest Group. :clap:

At least we now know that the Greenland white Fronted Geese should be safe and protected now. This is a relief.

Dean

Cheadle Birder

Beware the over-ruling influence of the Scottish Executive and government policy come the appeal. It's not over 'til the fat lady sings.

Alan Seaton said:
Beware the over-ruling influence of the Scottish Executive and government policy come the appeal. It's not over 'til the fat lady sings.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm afraid these people speak with forked tongues !!!

I also received an e-mail confirmation the Largie protest group.

nirofo.

Hi Folks,

Sorry don't want to put a damper on things but the energy company have six months in which to appeal and put new proposals forward, any bets we will all be writing again then?

Dean, I am sorry to read that only 1,000 protests were received but better than none.

Ann
The Cynic

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back