• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

my garden bird list is... (1 Viewer)

vicky@glos

Blue tits (between 20 - 30 individuals)

Great tits (no more than 4 at present)

Chaffinch (small group visiting daily)

Robin (3 max at anyone time)

Coal tits (2 breeding pairs)

Dunnock (at least 2 pairs)

Greenfinch (small family max of 6)

Nuthatch (one breeding pair - with young in mid-summer)

Black/white woodpecker (one local family) (at present see either male or female)

Grey squirrels - they like to eat the peanuts as much as the birds. (family of 4. Male, Female and last years two young).

Pied wagtail - live locally but visiting garden for food at present.
Not a regular visitor. (one at present).

Blackbird - has moved up my long garden when it showed looking for food. A few locally but usally stay out of way at bottom of garden eating snails.

And Song/Mistle thrush - another one after the snails. It's like a graveyard at the bottom of my garden.

And not forgetting House-sparrows and Jackdaws.

Forgot to add Magpies.

I do have a Sparrowhawk to that I have seen a few times after the small birds. Comes diving into my garden chasing after the House-Sparrows.

Also had Phesant one Winter. Had one male and two females also feeding off the birdseed on the ground.

And most add the goldfinches (only 2 or 3) to that I see once in a blue moon. (Thanks Ian - nearly forgot all about them).

This is my regular cast of stars in my glos. garden.

Vicky o:)

Last edited:
Plenty to keep you going there Vicky. I take it that you keep them pretty well fed too ?

The list is pretty similar to our regulars, though we get a lots of Goldfinches too, but sadly never seen a Nuthatch in the garden.

Great list Vicky,

I hope to get the same exciting visitors as you. I'm right on the edge of town, but my garden is quite new, so nothing so impressive yet!

Starlings, Blackbirds, Collared Dove, Spuggies and the occasional Magpie - although we are blessed with Skylarks singing over the area behind the garden.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back