• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dunlin invasion at St Ives (1 Viewer)

Chris Oates

Why does a Black-headed Gull have a brown head...
I've been seeing a flock of 50 Dunlin at Bamaluz beach for a week, I assumed they were the Hayle birds on a day out as I'd seen them lift off to the east but they were actually relocating to Lambeth walk where the Turnstones are fed by Capn' Phil during the winter.
Today another 262 are reported at Porthmeor beach.
This is most unusual - we don't get Waders here - in ten years I've seen a (single) Redshank, Sanderling and a Godwit plus the weird Little Egret that has decided that St Ives grub with a diesel aftertaste is better than Hayle food.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back