• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery Warbler Song - Michigan (1 Viewer)

Rapala

This bird was recorded singing earlier this morning in an area of young deciduous forest. The trill heard at 1, 8, and 16 seconds has qualities similar to Orange-Crowned Warbler, but I have only heard them sing with a downward inflection at the end of the trill. In this recording, the pitch rises towards the end of the song. Is this an Orange-Crowned Warbler or something else?

EDIT: I have an second recording of a separate bird. I believe it is an alternate song, but can Eastern Towhee be confirmed?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• MysteryBirdsong.mp3
    267.3 KB · Views: 35
  • EATO 5-19-18.mp3
    525.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I think the second recording might be a Lincoln’s sparrow. My first thought on the warbler was an orange crowned but agree with it not sounding exactly right

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back