• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (50 Viewers)

Very quiet this evening 19.00-20.30. Avocet, Common Sandpiper and Dunlin still present but no Ruff. Only LBBGs in the roost with BHGs, but there were 24 adults and six juveniles.

Things looked far more interesting in the log-book, assuming that these sightings were from today - Osprey over, Redshank and Wheatear.

Going by yesterday's events, it's quite possible that there is a Ruff lurking somewhere on site.

Des

Weather update for tomorrow's All-Dayer:

Wind starts off NNE and moves through to NW
Overcast early morning, slowly brightening up but cloud cover all day
Temperature peaking at 15 C
For early starters sunrise is 6:25 am
For roost watchers sunset is 7:48pm

Weather update for tomorrow's All-Dayer:

Wind starts off NNE and moves through to NW
Overcast early morning, slowly brightening up but cloud cover all day
Temperature peaking at 15 C
For early starters sunrise is 6:25 am
For roost watchers sunset is 7:48pm
looks like it's 5am for me then;)

Very slow afternoon with not much showing on the moors.
Sat waiting for the kingfisher again, don't have much luck photographing it.
Anyway after 4 hrs of waiting it put in an appearance at 5pm.

At last I got a pictureB :)

looks like it's 5am for me then;)

As I will be in Stockport tomorrow cheering on Worcester City FC I did my own all-dayer today, logging 67 species in all. Highlights were the lone Barnacle Goose, Little Egret & 3 Barnacle Geese at the Moors Pool - hope they are all still there tomorrow - 2 Dunlin, 2 Green Sands, Common Sand, Avocet & 17 Curlews at the Flashes. Unfortunately there was no sign of either Dunlin at the end of the day.

Birds I didn't see included Peregrine, Kingfisher & Willow Warbler -all of which were seen by others on site today. I also missed out on Song Thrush, Mistle Thrush, Whitethroat, Redstart, Grey Wagtail, Meadow Pipit, Skylark, Hobby and Rook to name a few. So, hopefully, with many eyes looking you should get somewhere near 80 species tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone involved. I'll be checking my mobile for updates on a regular basis I'm sure. John, can you get a copy of the annual report for me please. I'll pay you next time I see you.

All the best,

Andy P.B :)B :)B :)B :)

Some very handy birds been recorded in the last hour or two - Wigeon, Little Egret, Garden Warbler, Whitethroat, Barnacle Goose, Coal Tit, Siskin, Yellow Wagtail, Grey Wagtail, Avocet

John, can you get a copy of the annual report for me please. I'll pay you next time I see you.

All the best,

Andy P.B :)B :)B :)B :)

Sorry guys, another delay I'm afraid - slow going liaising with the printer via the Trust. Printing should commence over the next week; copies available when the mega Yank wader turns up later in the month. If anyone knows of a reliable, cheap printer that would be of great assistance for future publications.

A Willow Warbler just progresses the total to 67; JTB reports it has just started to rain .....

Belvide on 59 at approx. 8am

A rank outsider sneaking up on the rails - Clayhanger is on 65 species as at 8:45am

Last edited:
5 late Swift help increase the total to 83 - perhaps the record of 89 is achievable....

Belvide on 82 with only two species of wader!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back