• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help please, can't get my avatar to work. (1 Viewer)

maelef

I've been trying to add an avatar to my profile, but i can't get it to work. It keeps on telling me it's not a valid gif, jpg, etc. What i do is copy the web site address and paste it in the space provided, but it doesn't work. I'll give you an example:

This isn't the one i'd choose, it's just a random picture i got from googling

http://www.gifanimations.com/Image/Animations/Animals/dogs/~TS1140026961786/Barking_snoopy.gif

Even non animated pictures don't work.
What am i doing wrong?

Although your example isn't the one you are trying to upload may be too large in kb. Maximum is 19.5 kb.
You should be able to upload right from your computer.

maelef said:
I've been trying to add an avatar to my profile, but i can't get it to work. It keeps on telling me it's not a valid gif, jpg, etc. What i do is copy the web site address and paste it in the space provided, but it doesn't work. I'll give you an example:

This isn't the one i'd choose, it's just a random picture i got from googling

http://www.gifanimations.com/Image/Animations/Animals/dogs/~TS1140026961786/Barking_snoopy.gif

Even non animated pictures don't work.
What am i doing wrong?

No, it's not to large, i'm sure of that. And i was trying to just do it by web address, not uploading. That's kinda complicated for, as i am less than informed about working my way around the files of my computer.

Why wont the paste and copy method work, using the example i gave in original post.

maelef said:
No, it's not to large, i'm sure of that. And i was trying to just do it by web address, not uploading. That's kinda complicated for, as i am less than informed about working my way around the files of my computer.

Why wont the paste and copy method work, using the example i gave in original post.

Maelef,

If you need to resize it and don't have the programs to do it, send me a PM with your e-mail and I will contact so that you can send it, I will resize and send it back. Then just stick it on your desktop. It should be easy to browse to your desktop to upload it as your avatar.

Katy Penland said:
Hey, nice avatar there, Maelef, er, Steve, er, Mr. Steller! :bounce:

I know, i have always loved stellers jays. Have about a dozen or so that visit my yard every morning.

btw...my user name is female scrambled.
Quite clever, don't ya think?

cuckooroller said:
Maelef,

If you need to resize it and don't have the programs to do it, send me a PM with your e-mail and I will contact so that you can send it, I will resize and send it back. Then just stick it on your desktop. It should be easy to browse to your desktop to upload it as your avatar.

Is it complicated to re-size Gifs, i can save plenty that work,but are to large for BF avatars..........cheers

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back