• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Servicing in UK (1 Viewer)

joannec

Europe
My 8 year old Nikon HGL binoculars need servicing. The focus wheel cover is loose and the eyecap piece caps probably need replacing. They could do with a clean as well. What are people's experiences using the NIkon service centre? I would have to send them off to them. Or are there other recommended binocular service centres?

Hi JC, I had occasion to use them twice in the past (based at Kingston-upon -Thames, I think they were, at the time), and I found them absolutely excellent. I phoned them first and they were really helpful.

Update: Well it took me months to send off my bins......I didn't want to be without them you see. But finally did when the focusing got too slow as the cover was slipping too much. Sent them off two weeks ago and had them returned today. They quoted £85 for a clean, service and replacement parts and a few other things including new eyecups. I did think some of it should have been covered by the warranty but it seems not. I accepted their quote but it actually came to £74 with postage included both ways. They did a good job and they are nearly as good as new now. Good experience all round.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back