• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HBW Alive - My birding (1 Viewer)

Does anybody have more info on demise of HBW My Birding?

Hi! I'm a supporting member of HBW My Birding, and have been slowly inputting my 58 years of birding into the site. Until, of course, last month when the news of the demise of the site and subsuming of it into Cornell. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my data. eBird is not it, from a personal recreational listing perspective.

Are there any of you who are grappling with the loss of this site? Have you been able to find out more specifically when in 'early 2020' the My Birding site will go down, and presumably, we will not be able to download any data from there? I'm in that process now.

I do not have the specific problem you have, but advice might be better if you share what it is in ebird that you do not like and which makes it not for you?

Have you for example looked at Scythebill (which is not an online site) as the place to hold your data? https://www.scythebill.com/

Niels

I am also facing this issue with My Birding, but iGoTerra may be able to help, see below:

NEW import function for "HBW Alive - My Birding" users
Published at: 2019-12-07
If you have been using BirdLife taxonomy at HBW Alive - My Birding, and would like to migrate all your data across to the IOC taxonomy, iGoTerra can help you!

Our import tool (which already supports many various platforms like e.g. eBird) now has a much improved tool for importing from HBW Alive - My Birding. This means that you can easily import all your information across to iGoTerra.

The iGoTerra support team can also help you do the actual import and also the work to align the quite significant differences in taxonomy at a fixed cost of 99 USD (through PayPal > [email protected]). Just send us your HBW Alive export file including your iGoTerra password, and the iGoTerra support team will do the rest.

Please share this with your friends who you'd like to get onto IOC taxonomy. Don't forget to invite them via the invitation page, and both you and your friend will get 2 months FREE subscription.

Don't wait! Get on top of your lists now!

the iGoTerra team

It does presumably mean IOC taxonomy but that's a lot better than Clements, I may well go this route

If you're just trying to get your data out of HBW Alive, Scythebill does support import from HBW Alive, and you don't have to a pay $99 and keep up a subscription. (And yes, supports the IOC taxonomy)

(Unless you really do want online listing software, in which case Scythebill is not going to do what you want.)

If you're just trying to get your data out of HBW Alive, Scythebill does support import from HBW Alive, and you don't have to a pay $99 and keep up a subscription. (And yes, supports the IOC taxonomy)

(Unless you really do want online listing software, in which case Scythebill is not going to do what you want.)

But it is good at interacting with Ebird and other locations that does accept Ebird formatting of input.

Niels

Have been emailing HBW alive about problems with my subscription and no one is replying.

Is there a UK number I can call ?? If not aone in Spain.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back