• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problems with downloading pictures to laptop (1 Viewer)

Barrie Hamill

Hello,

Hope someone is able to help. Recently I've had problems downloading photos on to my laptop from my Olympus T4. The laptop is Windows 10 and I download directly into Windows 10 Photos (this is where they went initially when I first used the camera and I haven't changed it since as I'm fairly content with Windows 10 Photos). When I try to download it goes through the looking for new photos routine (the conveyer belt graphic) and identifies the number of pictures I have on the camera. However it then freezes and doesn't progress to showing the actual pictures and enabling me to download them. This happens both when I try to download using USB and from the memory card.

I think it might be a laptop issue rather than a camera one as I seem to be able to download to an old laptop (which is not windows 10), and there doesn't appear to be anything amiss with the USB ports.

I cant find anything matching my situation using google, so wondered if anyone had come across anything similar. Could it be a windows update that went wonky? Is it a driver issue? Should I be downloading into a photo software programme rather than straight into Windows photos. I've looked at my defaults and I can change which software/programme I view the photos on, but cant find where it gives me the option to download to another programme etc.

Many thanks,

Barrie

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back