• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DIY Arizona (1 Viewer)

Nice one, a great haul for just a few days. :t:Interesting to note how things seem to have changed. Good to hear that Black-capped Gnatcatchers and Rufous-capped Warblers are around, as these were monstrously rare vagrants back in the early nineties. For me Wild Turkey's the biggest grip! I know it's a reintroduction, but I didn't hear of them being around Madera Canyon when I was there. Maybe there are more these days.

I think the 'best' bird from a US perspective that I ended up seeing during my stay was an Eared Trogon (at Ramsey Canyon if I've recalled the name of the place correctly).

Simon, I’ve only seen Yellow-breasted Chat once (badly) in Central Park, your shot is superb! Particularly as they can be skulking little buggers, well done with the report and some great shots to look back on. :t:

Thanks Ken. I didn't think I'd ever see one so well. It may not have been the rarest bird of the trip but the views we had made it a real contender for bird of the trip!

Nice report. It reminds me of a trip I took to the area a couple years ago, but you had better luck (or, more likely, were better prepared) than I and saw some good species I missed. One note: you mention "our first White-throated Sparrows". This is actually a rare bird for Arizona in May, worth reporting to the local record keepers.

Nice report. It reminds me of a trip I took to the area a couple years ago, but you had better luck (or, more likely, were better prepared) than I and saw some good species I missed. One note: you mention "our first White-throated Sparrows". This is actually a rare bird for Arizona in May, worth reporting to the local record keepers.

Apologies I clearly can't think and type at the same time! That should have read White-Crowned not White-throated! Thanks for pointing it out

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back