• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suffolk Birding with Bins (1 Viewer)

d.steeley

England
Hi all, I regularly check out this website to see what's about when we visit Suffolk during May and October. I have had problems loading it in the past but a BF member kindly helped me out.

I have a different problem now, I can get the website on my windows 10 PC but on my Android phone I just get

"This site can't be reached".

suffolkbirding.m.webs.com refused to connect.

Try checking connection
(I have, all ok)

ERR_connection_refused

I have also tried the address without the .m in the middle as it is not shown on the address bar of my pc.

I have sent a message via the "contact us" but have not received a reply yet.

Anyone able to help?

Cheers

Dave

PS: should also have said I was able to get the website on my phone in May this year although it did load slowly.

Last edited:
The desktop site https://suffolkbirding.webs.com/ seems to work the mobile site does not.

You don't say what browser you are using on your phone but somewhere in the settings you will be able to select whether to use the mobile or desktop version. Try selecting desktop version.

Hi all, I regularly check out this website to see what's about when we visit Suffolk during May and October. I have had problems loading it in the past but a BF member kindly helped me out.

I have a different problem now, I can get the website on my windows 10 PC but on my Android phone I just get

"This site can't be reached".

suffolkbirding.m.webs.com refused to connect.

Try checking connection
(I have, all ok)

ERR_connection_refused

I have also tried the address without the .m in the middle as it is not shown on the address bar of my pc.

I have sent a message via the "contact us" but have not received a reply yet.

Anyone able to help?

Cheers

Dave

PS: should also have said I was able to get the website on my phone in May this year although it did load slowly.

It’s very intermittent, sometimes I can get it on my iPhone, sometimes on iPad, don’t very often check on the laptop but I think it’s ok. Everyone I’ve spoken to has problems.
I think it needs an overhaul of their system

Hi all and thanks for the replies.

@ Mono, I am using Chrome on both PC and Android. Can't find any settings in Chrome on my phone to select either mobile or desktop version.

@ BH, yes I am thinking the problem is most likely to be at their end rather than my phone.

Just have to wait and hope it gets sorted.

Thanks

Dave

Had a play around on Android and it is what I diagnosed. The site detects the use of a mobile and redirects you to a mobile optimised version. Unfortunately that mobile version doesn't exist!

In Android Chrome, click the ... in the address bar and go down and tick the "Desktop Site" box. You will need to take the "m" out of the address. (The site adds the m to redirect to the nonexistant mobile version).

The desktop site isn't ideal on a phone screen but it works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180919-083430.jpg
    Screenshot_20180919-083430.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20180919-083424.jpg
    Screenshot_20180919-083424.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back