• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brazil: budget Patanal/Amazonia (1 Viewer)

That's great, Andre.

We are going to Mato Grosso - is it possible to get there from Pixaim without having to go through Cuiaba?!
And we're going to Chapada dos Guimaraes - any specific sites you have would be great.

Kittykat,

I think, after some confusion, that we might be staying at the same place as you at Porto Jofre - it seems to be called various things - Ocelotnatur and Pousada do Neco being just two! - the owner/booking man Alex Gomes says it's at km150 on the Cuiaba River.
It's a bit confusing but I'm sure we'll find it!
Andre - any clue?!

H

That's great, Andre.

We are going to Mato Grosso - is it possible to get there from Pixaim without having to go through Cuiaba?!
And we're going to Chapada dos Guimaraes - any specific sites you have would be great.

Kittykat,

I think, after some confusion, that we might be staying at the same place as you at Porto Jofre - it seems to be called various things - Ocelotnatur and Pousada do Neco being just two! - the owner/booking man Alex Gomes says it's at km150 on the Cuiaba River.
Andre - any clue?!

H

I
I guess we'll find out one way or another!

That's great, Andre.

Kittykat,

Andre - any clue?!

H

No clue about the place in Porto Jofre....

Also not really sure about your first question. The hotel at the Pixaim river is called Mato Grosso but as everything else it's at the Transpantaneira, so your starting point is Cuiaba anyway.
I will pm you about the places around Chapada dos Guimaraes.

André

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back